Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Dark Lord Summons Me


“Nemmy, honey, there is an odd sound coming from your meditation chamber.”

“An odd sound?”

“I can’t quite describe it,” Lilith continued. “It almost sounds like a ringing, only far more ominous.”

“It is my dark master Galactor the Evil Galactic Overlord calling me. I knew this was coming, though I had hoped it wouldn’t be for some time yet.”

“What does he want?”

“I would imagine that he wants to know why I haven’t completed my assignment here on Earth. Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator remains alive. I must answer the call.”

I maneuvered my brain containment device into my sanctum and activated the communicator. Instantly, a holographic image of my master flickered to life.

“My dark lord and master.”

“Report,” his voice rumbled back to me. “Is the gladiator dead?”

“I am afraid not. I have tried, but he has proven to be quite resilient.”

“Indeed,” the overlord rumbled. “Perhaps this task is not where your abilities lie. Perhaps I should send the Mangalores to take care of this.”

“Oh no, that would not be wise, my master. The Mangalores couldn’t even get up in the morning without causing a calamity and possibly several explosions. You entrusted me with this mission because you needed this done covertly. Allow me to assure you that I am still the man, or brain as it were for the job.”

The image of my dark master froze for a moment before crackling back to life.

“Very well,” he said. “I have confidence that you will be able to complete this project. Do you need any of my troops or weapons there?”

“No, my lord. I have taken on an Earth female as a companion. She is all that I need for this.”

I thought I saw Galactor’s face crack a slight smile for a moment. It disappeared just as quickly, however.

“Indeed,” he answered. “This woman of yours, is she good?”

“She is, my lord. She is deadly as well as ‘easy on the eyes’ as the natives here say.”

Now I am sure that I saw the image of my dark lord crack a smile.

“This is unexpected. Do not let your affections for this Earth creature keep you from your goal.”

“Certainly not, my lord. The sensors of my ship have tracked the gladiator to one of this planet’s cities. We shall meet him there where he will certainly meet his doom.”

“Very well,” Galactor answered. “I have the upmost confidence in your abilities, Nemonok, but do not think that if I feel you cannot accomplish your task that I will not have you transferred to someplace else. Some place such as the fire rock mines of Dantur.”

“Certainly, my dark master. You patience and confidence in me will be rewarded. I will not fail you.”

The image of the overlord winked out as the door to my chamber slid open. My companion stepped into may chambers with a concerned look on her face.

“What is it, my love?” she asked.

“My dark lord’s patience is great, but it is not infinite. We need to destroy Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator. We shall fly out tonight to Washington DC.”

2 comments:

Henchman432 said...

Steal his wristcom. He hates that.

SHI said...

and what happens if you fail?


just asking